Your initial appointment usually will consist of an examination, x-rays, and cleaning (prophylaxis). Treatment options will be presented to you at this appointment. We will then schedule a second appointment to begin your treatment. However, if you have a complex medical history or treatment plan, a follow-up consultation may be necessary prior to initiating your dental treatment.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Any x-rays taken by a previous dentist, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- A copy of your insurance card (we will need both sides).
- A copy of your drivers license or state identification card to verify your identity.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.