Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Gasparaitis and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Gasparaitis and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies as well as state and local agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Dental Association, and Illinois State Dental Society. These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable equipment and materials
- Air purifiers in every patient room and waiting room
- “iWave” air purification system is installed into our heating and ventilation system, which uses advanced ion technology to neutralize viruses, bacteria and mold. These ions are also helpful to reduce allergens, like pollen and other particles.
We sterilize all disposable equipment and material, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.